Vacancies are usually announced every 18 months on the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) website.
The Swiss JPO Programme in numbers
For further information on the number of JPOs financed by Switzerland and administered by the JPOSC please refer to the Facts and Figures section.
To be eligible to apply to the Swiss JPO Programme, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be between 26 and 31 years of age
- Master's degree or equivalent in a subject relevant to international cooperation
- Minimum one-year's professional experience after completion of first degree
- Clear interest in development issues, e.g. training in developing countries or work in Switzerland related to development cooperation
- Very good knowledge of at least two official languages (adequate passive knowledge of German and French) and English, other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic are an advantage
- Swiss nationality or holder of a C residence permit
- Respect for other people and cultures
- Good team player, ability to deal with criticism and conflict situations, good communication skills, confidence, resistant to stress, ability to learn, goal and result-oriented, analytical and conceptual approach and procedure.
More detailed information on applicant requirements is provided on SDC's website.
Application & Contact Details
Detailed presentations of each vacancy and further application details can be accessed on the website of the Center for Information, Counselling and Training Professions relating to International Cooperation (Cinfo).
Applications to vacant JPO positions must be sent to:
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Federal Department of Foreign Affairs